Since its creation, "Escuela para el Desarrollo" has been an organisation that aims to make development promotion work based on ethical, conceptual and methodological foundations that allow the actors of social change to have a critical and reflective vision of their action.
Since 1992, Escuela para el Desarrollo has had its own legal personality, its general assembly being composed of four recognised NGOs in Peru: DESCO, CEDEP, CICPCA and COINCIDE.
Escuela para el Desarrollo's work is mainly aimed at
- non-governmental development organisations (NGO-D)
- Professionals and technicians working in public and private organisations whose aim is to promote development actions in the country,
- international cooperation agencies
- national and international platforms and networks for the production, exchange and dissemination of knowledge
public institutions (central, deconcentrated or decentralised) in charge of development
- churches and ecumenical spaces that promote social change
- trade unions
- associations, social groups and advocacy movements.
As a higher education institute promoting integral change in the country, the objective of Escuela para el Desarrollo is to strengthen the capacities of development actors through training and support/accompaniment.
Within the framework of these capacity building processes, Escuela para el Desarrollo produces and disseminates knowledge in the field of development and designs initiatives, services and proposals for the benefit of the country's development actors.